The Cloud has changed the game in terms of how we access the systems that we need to run a business effectively. It offers a number of benefits to organisations of all sizes and across all industries. However, that doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s right for your business, On-Premise hosting and management, which is an alternative way to access your CRM and project management solutions, might be a better fit for you.
Below is a brief overview of the two options available for accessing your business critical systems;
For those of you not familiar with what the Cloud is and how it works, it’s easiest to think of it as accessing your business software and programmes, such as email, via the internet. What this means is that your access is managed by your software provider, this includes security, hardware maintenance, and upgrades. You usually pay a monthly user licence fee and this often includes all of the background management and maintenance.
Who is the Cloud good for?
- Small businesses and start-ups looking for an affordable way to access CRM and Project Management functionality in as fast a time as possible
- Organisations managing virtual or mobile teams
- Businesses without the resources, budget, or need to invest in the equipment, expertise, and support needed to manage On-Premise hosting.
Accessing software and business systems via an On-Premise set up essentially means that you host, manage, and upgrade the hardware and software needed to run your business. With this model you are responsible for everything, from onsite support, to hardware and software security.
Who is On-Premise good for?
- Organisations that like or need total control of their hardware and software
- Organisations already hosting software for their clients, so they have the onsite processes, equipment, and expertise needed
While both models offer different benefits, it doesn’t necessarily need to be an all or nothing approach when deciding whether Cloud or On-Premise access is right for you. Many businesses adopt a mixture as part of a hybrid solution so that it meets their requirements exactly.
To discuss the best options for your business, contact the team at Tisski, a leading Microsoft Partner, today on 0247 771 2050 today.